Care management involves determining the services and programs that will best help an individual with certain long-term conditions better manage their overall care and treatment.
Comprehensive needs assessment and periodic home visits are key elements of care management.
Care managers utilize a wide variety of resources to effectively manage service delivery and support patients and providers.
Care management results in care being delivered more smoothly and efficiently, particularly for people with chronic illnesses and complex needs.
Effective care management typically includes:
- Individuals and families are at the center of care planning and delivery;
- Care continuity extends across medical and non-medical services and from acute to long-term care settings;
- Strong clinical and organizational support is in place for effectively coordinating care;
- Appropriate payment incentives for coordinating care and integrating benefits are in place; and
- Systems for including the consumer voice in care design and plan governance are enabled.
Do you or a loved one need care management assistance?
Contact us today at 844-204-4405 for a free, no obligation assessment.